Here’s the skills you will need to bring:
- Expertise in multiple technologies (including Java, .Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Scala/Clojure etc) across software engineering, security, data interchange, data management etc.
- Experience as an architect or leading and inspiring software development teams
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Significant software development and infrastructure architecture experience in designing and architecting enterprise web applications
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- Experience working with CTO/COO to create technical strategies
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
As a Principal Consultant, here’s what will do at ThoughtWorks:
- Disrupt, Lead and Innovate.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Provide Technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Formulate and articulate the technical and political implication of real world solutions
- Orchestrate the management of technology scope and risks
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards
- Be an inspiration of innovation to the client
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building that arise out of delivery activities
- Creates and supports sales activities
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
The role is based in London, England with a competitive salary on offer. The opening date is Friday 6th October 2017 and the closing date is Monday 6th November 2017.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top