We are looking for passionate developers & engineers who care about software excellence. We want people who are aware of latest trends and know how to adopt the most appropriate technology. We're looking for people who are strong advocates for the best engineering practices and love learning new skills. Our current positions require significant experience and the ability to shape a new client engagement, coach other team members, provide technical leadership and be comfortable leading a development team on client site - but our flat organisational structure means you'll be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy. What really excites you is problem solving and delivering innovative technology that carries real business value. There are opportunities to make an impact beyond your day-day project too - our consultants regularly speak at conferences, get published and provide thought leadership as experts in software delivery.
As a Technical Lead at ThoughtWorks, here's what you can do:
- Work on large-scale, custom-designed, multi-tier, enterprise-level software development projects using languages such as Java, Ruby and/or .NET, Scala, Clojure, Mobile and Python (to name a few)
- Design innovative, evolutionary architectures
- Build, support and mentor effective delivery teams
- Writing code alongside your development team
- Champion software quality and engender technical vision and ensuring clients are satisfied
- Ensure there is a balance between technical innovation and what’s right for the client by considering appropriate technology choices and understanding the business vision
- Champion Cross Functional Requirements
- Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Be an ambassador of ThoughtWorks and safeguard our reputation
- Build strong relationships with business people
- Learn something new everyday
- Facilitate problem solving and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Help to grow the next generation of technical leaders and have a positive impact on the industry
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Experience with architectural design whilst leading and inspiring software development teams
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc,
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in communicating technical vision at a high and low level
- Ability to influence on a commercial and technical level
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. Our recruiters will be in touch.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
Back to top