ThoughtWorks understands that amazing people are the essence of any exceptional organisation and we are looking for talented and passionate developers to join our teams in Barcelona. We are a community of people who are passionate about learning, and about sharing what they learn. A community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
Our approach to software development is a fast, evolutionary, liberating experience – project managers, developers, testers and analysts work collaboratively with clients to deliver immediate and visible results. While we’re looking for strong skills in our core languages, what’s equally important is your intellectual curiosity and appetite for solving problems. You’ll be working closely with technology leaders and software luminaries. And you’ll share our fascination with design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, TDD and Agile.
We are looking for people who can translate their passion for great software into concrete value for clients. Innovators to truly help us to revolutionize software development in Spain. If you’ve got it, you’ll get the way we work.
Working with us you'll get to
- Join a global technology consultancy that wants to change the world and shape a strategy for Spain.
- Introduce, use and grow agile development practices on a project, including continuous integration (Docker, Jenkins etc), behaviour and test driven development practices (BDD and TDD).
- Work using micro-services with cloud computing tools like AWS.
- Contribute and collaborate throughout the software development life cycle.
- Spread the word about best practices in software development inside and outside ThoughtWorks community.
- Be part of an open and non-hierarchical environment where everyone is expected to speak up and collaborate in project and organizational directions.
- Work with an amazingly talented and diverse bunch of people from all around the world.
To be considered for a role with us, you'll bring the following
- Passion for coding. Your idea of fun is probably to write an app in your spare time, be it a web 2.0 app or a shiny new framework to bring more fun to your daily activities.
- Development and delivery experience with Java, C#, Scala, Clojure, Python and/or Ruby.
- Analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom-built OO applications.
- Keen to work collaboratively with people, sharing your ideas to solve real business problems.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships.
- Intermediate English skills. You may not have a perfect English, but you will need to feel comfortable working in an environment where it is mostly used.
We don't do bureaucracy or hierarchy so you will have complete autonomy. We will also encourage you to experiment with new technologies without limits. We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we believe that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms. We strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve, so as long as you're a talented developer ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
We want you to keep learning and enjoy a bunch of juicy benefits like meal and public transport cards, pension plan contribution, personal L&D budget, inhouse language lessons, relocation aid, supporting tech meetups, hackathons and international events, etc… So, curious to learn more about our process and to hear what our developers think about working here?
If ThoughtWorks sounds like the right environment for you to learn, grow and thrive, Sara and Laura are looking forward to getting to know you!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top