ThoughWorks is a company that is passionate about collaboration. We help our clients to reduce the risk of their projects failing. We've been at the forefront of innovation around Agile methods for a long time now. Whether it's finding ways to elicit user requirements, introducing story walls, making distributed Agile a reality or introducing the concept of self-managed teams to our clients, we find ways to help technology deliver real business value. Add to this our recognition as innovators in the technical world and you'll start to see why working here is refreshingly different.
Our strongest candidates will likely have:
- Development and delivery experience with any programming language including but not limited to .NET, Java, Ruby on Rails and/or mobile technologies.
- Exposure and experience in analysis, design, coding and implementation of complex and/or custom-built applications.
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
- Desire to strengthen teams and contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching and mentoring of other technologists.
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a multi-cultural team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge or awareness of software best practices, like test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Experience or desire to work in a forward-thinking, OSS-centric environment.
- Matric plus Degree in IT with software development or Electronic Engineering as a major would be an advantage.
We're seeking individuals with a creative approach to problem-solving, a track record of technical innovation balanced with skillful execution, and a vision for how software can empower people and drive change. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customer, you can submit your CV and one of our recruiters will be touch.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top