- Work on large-scale, custom distributed software systems using Java, Python, Golang, Clojure, Elixir, Ruby and/or .NET
- Lead teams software engineers
- Be responsible for the quality of software and resolving any issues regarding client satisfaction
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Employ Agile development including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Travel the world.
- Learn something new everyday
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET and/or Ruby
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Extreme Programming (XP)
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like TDD, BDD and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top