Senior User Experience Designer
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world.
We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. In our 20th year, over 4000 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 40 countries. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
We are currently looking for talented people in Singapore who are equally as passionate about software. If you are someone who loves the idea of helping the user experience design community locally to grow then we want to talk to you!
As an Experience Designer, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- See your ideas through from conception to deployment
- Help to shape the ThoughtWorks XD practice
- Mentor and coach colleagues within ThoughtWorks and on the client site
Who you are:
You have a passion for putting people - customers, users - at the heart of everything you do. You are a big picture thinker with the desire and hunger to execute on the detail of your ideas. You are comfortable taking a group through a journey of discovery - you may be able to tell stories about getting a bunch of disengaged executives to play with modelling clay and act as clowns. You are equally happy sitting down with developers to work on complex interaction design - for you wireframes are just part of the journey, it's the finished product that is really important.
You have in-depth experience of guerrilla usability testing observing people using systems in context. You have a portfolio you are proud of: mobile would be good, but especially rich transactional websites, with examples you can point to that delivered value to the business and delight to the customer.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Proven experience in rapid, iterative low and high fidelity prototyping/ wireframing
- Various techniques for conducting ethnographic/field research
- The ability to conduct user profiling and user needs analysis
- Comfortable eliciting and defining business/ user process flows and requirements
- Experience in formal and informal user testing
- Experience in ideation and concept generation
- Understanding that usability is only part of the equation
- Evolving practice of design thinking
- Knowledge of emerging digital trends
- Experience with UX in an agile development environment
This role will be based in Singapore, however you can expect an element of travel so ideally you’ll be flexible to travel should we need your expertise in our other offices. The travel requirement should not discourage you from applying though so if you have limited capacity, please still speak to us.
Please apply if you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges every day.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top