Senior Software Developer
ThoughtWorks understands that amazing people are the essence of any exceptional organisation and we are looking for talented and passionate developers to join our teams in Barcelona. We are a community of people who are passionate about learning, and about sharing what they learn. A community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
Our approach to software development is a fast, evolutionary, liberating experience – project managers, developers, testers and analysts work collaboratively with clients to deliver immediate and visible results. While we’re looking for strong skills in our core languages, what’s equally important is your intellectual curiosity and appetite for solving problems. You’ll be working closely with technology leaders and software luminaries. And you’ll share our fascination with design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, TDD and Agile.
We are looking for people who can translate their passion for great software into concrete value for clients. Innovators to truly help us to revolutionize software development in Spain. If you’ve got it, you’ll get the way we work.
As a Senior or Lead developer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you’ll get to do
- Learn something new, everyday
- Work on large-scale, custom-designed, enterprise-level software development projects using languages and technologies such as Java, Scala, and AWS.
- Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Help the team to champion software excellence, craft technical vision and ensure we deliver value to our clients and their customers.
- Work on interesting challenges and see them through
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent, ideas and opinions are valued
- Craft your own career path - without the confinement of a one-size-fits-all plan
- Help to grow the next generation of developers and have a positive impact on the industry, and beyond
Here’s what you’ll bring
- Experience working with agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, etc.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Openness and adaptability - you’ll be working in a variety of settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A coaching mentality as well as strong relationship-building skills at all levels
- Passion, buckets of it.
- Development and delivery experience in Java / C# / Ruby on Rails / Python. Although we aren’t looking for a specific tech stack, the more you know, the better.
- Familiarity with few databases, like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
We don't do bureaucracy or hierarchy so you will have complete autonomy. We will also encourage you to experiment with new technologies without limits. We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we believe that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms. We strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve, so as long as you're a talented developer ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
We want you to keep learning and enjoy a bunch of juicy benefits like meal and public transport cards, pension plan contribution, personal L&D budget, inhouse language lessons, relocation aid, supporting tech meetups, hackathons and international events, etc… So, curious to learn more about our process and to hear what our developers think about working here?
If ThoughtWorks sounds like the right environment for you to learn, grow and thrive, Sara and Laura are looking forward to getting to know you!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top