As a Senior Developer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you’ll do:
- Work on large-scale, custom software systems using Java, Ruby and/or .NET
- Lead teams of software engineers - both ThoughtWorkers and clients
- Serve as a mentor, coach, and role model to less experienced developers
- Employ and advocate for modern technical practices like test automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment, and pair programming
- Work in an inclusive, collaborative, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a title
- Constantly learn and level up as you lead teams among different industries, technologies/languages, and parts of the country (or world!) with each new project experience
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Software development and delivery experience in Java, .NET and/or Ruby
- A passion for software engineering and test automation
- Experience in leading large, diverse teams building custom applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design pattern knowledge
- Experience working with Agile, lean, CI/CD and XP practices
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to connect with people and to quickly build trust with clients
- DevOps experience is a major plus
- Experience in iOS and/or Android applications a plus
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Our North America offices are in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta and San Francisco. We are launching a presence in Denver and hope to grow it as the next hub of ThoughtWorkers. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top