As a Senior Developer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you can do:
- Work on large-scale, custom distributed software systems using Java, Ruby and/or .NET
- Lead teams software engineers
- Be responsible for the quality of software and resolving any issues regarding client satisfaction
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Employ Agile development including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Travel the world.
- Learn something new everyday
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET and/or Ruby
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Extreme Programming (XP)
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like TDD, BDD and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Our North America offices are in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta and San Francisco. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities. If you live elsewhere, please let us know to which one you are willing to relocate to.
Back to top