At ThoughtWorks we help customers with ambitious missions to solve their toughest problems. We partner with these organisations to design, create and deliver cutting-edge software. We consult with these organisations to help them unlock the potential of technology for their business or cause. We're currently looking for amazing software project managers to join us.
Here's what you can do as a Project Manager at ThoughtWorks:
- As a Project Manager you will be working day-day with a software delivery team to enable and inspire through great leadership.
- You're a problem solver and you thrive at adapting to changing environments.
- You will help to orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of cutting-edge technologies.
- You have a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. At ThoughtWorks that could mean going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a time as well as leading the team.
- You are responsible for keeping multiple stakeholders informed and are able to deliver bad news and have difficult conversations when needed.
- You are a mentor and evangelist of Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery Project Management best practices.
- Our more experienced consultants also have an opportunity to make an impact beyond their day-day client project too - they speak at conferences, get published, drive innovation internally within ThoughtWorks whilst becoming experts in their fields.
As a Project Manager at ThoughtWorks, here's what you'll bring:
- Significant experience delivering software development projects with the latest technologies
- Experience rescuing projects and turning them around, both small and large scale
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A servant leadership style with the ability to keep customer and team needs ahead of your own
- Evidence of managing organisational politics and multiple work streams
- Demonstrated ability to keep the long-term solution in focus and plan for risk
- A mentor and coach to your colleagues both within ThoughtWorks and on client site
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Consulting & coaching skills and exec-level stakeholder management
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. One of our recruiters will be in touch.
Back to top