Do you bring out the best in the teams you lead? Do you innovate on the best way to deliver business value through software? Are you frustrated with the old ways of building software? Do you get what it takes to delivery truly exceptional software? Are you willing to go where the action is to manage high value projects? We are currently looking for a Project Manager to be a key leader in TW China (and who is also willing to do up to 50% travel across China and other counties where we do business.). Someone who not only knows how to bring together a team to deliver great software to our clients, but can help us build our footprint in a growing location. We need someone who sees technology, process and organizational problems, and is driven to fix them, and along the way influence the industry to move in a better direction.
It’s about big brains not big egos
When some people think of leaders they see them working in corner offices at the top of the building. That’s not how it works here. Yes, you’ll be one of our most experienced people and with that will come significant responsibility for how we manage and deliver business-critical software solutions. But we don’t do heavy management or big company politics.
We are collaborators, which mean you’ll sit around the same table as developers, architects, testers and analysts, coming up with creative ways to translate concepts and ideas into practical and tactical solutions, foster innovation and maximize customer ROI.
You won’t be handed a one size fits all, traditional big consultancy methodology and be asked to enforce it. You will be asked to leverage cutting edge Agile and Lean practices to lead self-organizing teams to deliver software that does exactly what is needed.
You’ll also need to be an experienced consultant, someone who has worked for a technology consultancy before and understands that while we’re growing in Toronto, you might not be based there all the time.
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road map and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Execute TW account strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful value propositions at the company and individual level.
- Navigate teams through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Manage delivery scope and risks throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Ensure the experience of engaging ThoughtWorks for delivery exceeds client expectations
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the client’s business stakeholders.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships that yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks.
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organization.
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships with client staff; remedying dysfunction to maintain healthy and productive ThoughtWorks communities at the Client
- Create and support sales activities
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
And it’s a big ask
- Minimum of 10 years project and program management experience
- Experience running IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment
- Experience working directly with business executives: CIO, CTO, PMO in an advisory role
- Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
- Account development experience; creating, maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships that have yielded business opportunity.
- Degree in a relevant discipline
ThoughtWorks, a break from the mainstream
We tackle complex, mission-critical applications like many other software companies. But that is where the similarity ends. We consider ourselves a social and commercial community built on the basic core values of attitude, aptitude and integrity. This is why we don’t subscribe to traditional corporate life. As a community of intellectual free thinkers, we’re always looking for different and better ways of doing things. Our aim is to create software and provide consulting grounded in reality; obsessed with delivering value, we help organizations become efficient through Agile and Lean practices and principles, facts not lost on the growing number of customers who see us as a trusted software partner.
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenge every day, then we should talk.
We want to hear from you!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Dan writes code that contributes to products and software solutions for clients. Each engagement is different, so Dan has worked on many front-end and back-end projects. Along the way, he collaborates with his team to ensure the best possible solution.
Back to top