Program Manager/ Engagement Leader
ThoughtWorks is looking for a Program Manager to join our team of consultants in Melbourne.
If you are a passionate people and engagement leader who enjoys solving difficult problems while managing the details and taking clients through a journey to achieve tangible business outcomes and influence change, we would like to speak with you!
We’re an innovative consultancy full of curious, creative, smart and inspired people driven by creating solutions that enhance the user’s experience while holding technology at our core. Combining these passions, our teams are able to help clients solve their biggest challenges, advance their digital strategy, and deliver their products or services in better ways to their customer.
About you - What a Program Manager / Engagement Leader can do at ThoughtWorks
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road map and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the client's business stakeholders.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships to yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks.
Execution and Change Leadership:
- Apply Agile Software delivery practices to internal and external teams, and at times educating stakeholders and others involved while managing a project
- Create and Manage release plans and be accountable for iteration planning and tracking
- Manage delivery scope, estimates, risks, and financials throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Navigate teams of any size through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Ensure the experience of engaging ThoughtWorks for delivery exceeds client expectations.
- Apply project leadership strategy, principles, and activities that influence positive change for the client and stakeholders.
Team leadership and internal development:
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organisation.
- Be a mentor and guide for other consultants, provide inspiration and experience to help teams grow.
- Be a contributor for workshops that help develop our internal practice.
Essential Project/Program Management Experience
- Experience leading and planning of Agile software delivery projects including educating stakeholders on the benefits of and engaging others in Agile best practices
- Extensive release planning experience within an Agile environment
The Culture Bits
ThoughtWorks is a social and community minded organisation, and a place where people share opinions and learn new ways of thinking. We are casual, friendly, without a lot of hierarchy. If you are both autonomous and team oriented, and want to work alongside passionate individuals with a purpose, contact us to find out more.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top