Product Specialist - ThoughtWorks Product
ThoughtWorks Products is a diverse, highly collaborative team that is dedicated to creating groundbreaking products. Its current products provide solutions for continuous delivery (GoCD), automated testing (Gauge) and project management (Mingle). ThoughtWorks Products also conducts continuous research into new products that will not only help teams work better, but also force them to think differently.
We prioritize curiosity and talent. We understand that technology moves fast and it's as much about what you can learn as what you’ve done. Your innate drive to create, to know, to learn is key to fostering the high levels of innovation that will build our next great product. By joining ThoughtWorks Products, you join a unique community of individuals whose shared purpose is revolutionizing IT.
To flourish, we believe you'll have…
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) practices
- Familiarity with CI and CD solutions (such as GoCD, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Working knowledge of Git and other SCMs
- Experience troubleshooting Java applications
- Experience with a scripting language (such as Ruby or Python)
- Awareness of build systems (such as ant, nant, maven,)
- Awareness of provisioning tools (such as Chef / Puppet / Ansible / SaltStack / Terraform, AWS + EC2)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn and become an expert in our products
- Worked with global enterprises and a globally distributed team
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
Your responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Provide a central point of contact for fault logging and resolution to global customers for multiple applications in live environments.
- Troubleshoot product issues faced by clients and work towards a speedy resolution.
- Utilize internal systems and remote support methods to investigate reported faults.
- Ensure that reported issues are resolved within customer service level agreements.
- Track and analyze trends in issues reported.
- Product onboarding and adoption
- Provide standard and custom demos to new product prospects and support new user onboarding and product adoption
- Act as a bridge between the customers and the product, marketing, and design teams and keep abreast of customer expectations for our products.
- Working with inside and field sales organization
- Develop in depth product expertise in order to craft, demonstrate, and position the product to prospects.
- Manage health checks, give usage suggestions and guidance to existing customers.
Our teams are based in San Francisco, Bangalore and Pune but we also have various people working remotely in different locations. To support our users in North America we looking to staff this role anywhere in the US. The right individual will have the independence and flexibility to manage their own work to ensure they support our customers as well as collaborate and work with their global team mates. This role may also involve some occasional travel to our offices to work locally with the teams there.
What we can offer…
- A flexible workplace
- Benefits in support of training and conference attendance
- The career support of a large company for mentoring, coaching and new challenges and opportunities
- An organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
Our commitment to change
ThoughtWorks is really invested in making its local/tech communities better. It has recently: hosted workshops for Black Girls Code and Women in Tech; taken a Castro Walking Tour to learn LGBTQ history; done a hackathon for Hack for Democracy. Individuals seeking employment at ThoughtWorks are considered without regards to race, skin color, religion, age, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top