ThoughtWorks' vision is quite simple. To better humanity through software, while creating a more socially and economically just world. We are dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems.
We are looking for passionate, experienced technologists to join us and provide consultancy services to our clients around their architecture and technical strategy. You’ll be working closely with our delivery teams and will need to be comfortable acting as the bridge between technology and the business, balancing various demands to achieve results.
- Your experience has given you exposure to lots of different areas and plenty of stories to tell. Digital, UI/UX, Services, Data, DevOps, Infrastructure… the more you bring, the better.
- You have Enterprise Architecture experience. That means you have been responsible for architectural decisions and know how to balance technology requirements and six or seven figure budgets.
- You’re comfortable with managing a senior leadership team, and get the importance of taking people with you along the journey. You are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales, stepping into the engagement from the beginning and influencing its shape
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modelling as you are advocating for modern architecture and development principles
- Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
What will you be working on?
At ThoughtWorks, we work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services. There's no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants . You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on a delivery project for 12 months - it's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our clients are generally enterprise organisations with complex problems to solve. We work in banking and financial services, retail and government so experience in these domains would certainly be helpful.
You will need to be flexible about travel, and willing to provide your expertise for inter state clients when required.
If you’d like to find out more, please use the links to get in touch. If you do not have an updated CV, just send us a few bullet points about yourself, what you are passionate about and why you are interested in careers with ThoughtWorks and we’ll go from there.
Back to top