ThoughtWorks' vision is quite simple. To better humanity through software, and help create a more socially and economically just world. We are dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems.
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients
- Build out a new capability within ThoughtWorks - perhaps for Mobile, Big Data or DevOps
- Explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- Speak at conferences, get published
- Influence and shape our client portfolio
There's no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on delivery project for 12 months. It's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app that reunites families in case of emergencies the next (have a look at our RapidFTR project in the Philippines here http://bit.ly/rapidftr-philippines).
- You have significant experience in software development (at least 15-20yrs) and a thorough understanding of enterprise and application architectures, software development tools & languages
- You can guide clients through today's significant technical challenges and create enterprise-scale roadmaps that will impact their competitive place in the market
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales
- You understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
- While coding may not be a part of your day-to-day role anymore, you are passionate about it, and still take time to keep up with what’s happening in software development and emerging technology
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so if you like variety, this role could suit you.
We're also proud to have been awarded the Employer of Choice for Women and have been voted No: 1 Graduate Employer two years in a row now.
We employ an autonomous, self-management work culture, with very little hierarchy. This approach encourages people to take ownership and accountability, and to be curious. It requires a "trust first" attitude, which supports a creative mindset and promotes innovation through disruptive thinking.
How to Apply
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top