Lead User Experience Designer
Are you a strong advocate for design excellence, love learning new skills as well as mentoring others? Do you believe in instilling shared ownership for good user experience? If you answered yes, you might want to read on.
We are looking for a passionate design leader who likes solving complex problems through design and technology, who will regularly influence and create evolution of processes, be it pioneering better design practices, systems thinking, research strategies, and so-on.
This position at ThoughtWorks requires significant experience. You should have the ability to shape a new client engagement, coach team members and provide design leadership - but our flat organisational structure means you will be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy as your talent is valued more than your role title. What really excites you is problem solving and delivering innovative technology that carries real business value.
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Exciting strategic and design-led projects with a clear technology and delivery focus.
- Championing product strategy and engender design vision. You will help local and international clients transform their businesses and develop innovative new digital products and services.
- Helping clients find a balance between business value, design innovation and technical feasibility.
- Champion agile best practices and continuous improvement.
- Being a great facilitator - inspiring great workshop techniques and tools and facilitating brainstorms with diverse colleagues including clients, business analysts, user experience and technology professionals.
- Contribute to the development of design methods, tools, and new and emerging techniques within the growing experience design community at ThoughtWorks.
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path. You can focus on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
- Opportunities to travel the world to visit or work at our global offices.
- Speak at conferences or events.
- Write blogs and books.
- Be an ambassador of ThoughtWorks and safeguard our reputation.
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in at least 2 design areas, including product strategy, user experience design, service design, interaction design, or other related design disciplines.
- Experience in an agile software delivery environment, across a broad mix of platforms, technologies and domains.
- Excellent ability in articulating design vision and decisions to clients and ThoughtWorkers.
- You are a problem solver and full of action; you tackle things!
- You know how to effectively build trust and maintain customer relationships. You help connect key stakeholders across an entire project.
- Ability to influence engagements on a commercial and technical level.
- Experience in facilitating workshops with stakeholders, clients and customers to shape products together.
- Ability to craft and lead an effective agile design process with cross-functional product teams as an individual or with your design team.
- An eye for detail, while being able the keep the big picture in mind.
- You have helped lead design teams of software products from research to design, to a successful delivery.
We work almost exclusively on customer sites providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about your working location within Singapore. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people's personal situations into account.
If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, please apply online and refer here to know more about our interview process. we want to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV with your portfolio and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. Our recruiters will be in touch.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top