Lead Service Designer (m/w)
Are you a strong advocate for the best service design thinking practices and love learning new skills as well as mentoring others? Perfect, because we are looking for a passionate Lead Service Designer who cares about innovation through design and technology to join us! What excites you the most is problem-solving and delivering innovative solutions that create value for people and organizations, as well as growing the role of service design as an approach to strategic transformation. At ThoughtWorks you will get to work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued more than your role title.
As a Lead Service Designer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you can look forward to:
- Working on strategic and delivery based design-led technology projects helping German and international clients transform their businesses and to develop innovative new digital products and services.
- Leading the research activities on service design projects, employing different methods such as contextual inquiry, moderated interview, experiments and user testing.
- Inspiring unique approaches to service design that combine the best of ThoughtWork’s design and technology capabilities, including working with multidisciplinary technical teams at ThoughtWorks and our clients to map service experiences to internal technical systems and capabilities.
- Being a great facilitator - inspiring great workshop techniques and tools and facilitating brainstorms with diverse colleagues including clients, business analysts, user experience and technology professionals.
- Contribute to the development of design methods, tools, and new and emerging techniques within the growing experience design community at ThoughtWorks.
Here's what you'll bring:
- A deep experience in service design and at least one other area of design. Preferably you are familiar with user experience or digital product design, and knowledge of other areas such as UI or visual design.
- Ability to create a wide range of experience design deliverables either by yourself or collaborating with others - deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, digital and physical prototypes, UI and visual designs.
- You can clearly communicate service, innovation and design concepts to clients and technical colleagues using the methods and tools that best illustrate them.
- Mentor Experience Designers on projects, providing on the job training and support on all aspects of service design methods and tools.
- Ability to communicate and define project roles as far as design teams members are concerned, with clear responsibilities and expectations to team members throughout the project and build their confidence in where the project is going.
- Proactively manage ThoughtWorks stakeholders, specifically Client Principals and Delivery teams engaged with other aspects of the client’s business on the impact of design deliverables and manage project scope, risks, and updates to the broader client team.
- Fluent German and English required.
What are you waiting for?
check out this Video, to find out more about working at ThoughtWorks, Germany
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top