Lead Business Analyst
ThoughtWorks is one of the few global companies that combine product thinking, user experience and technology for creating winning consumer facing products for its clients across industries like retail, travel, banking & financial services, education and healthcare.
We have been involved in developing world-class software products and platforms to meet the customer’s most strategic objectives. Our people are thought leaders in areas of software development and quite a few have written widely read books on all aspects of software development including agile delivery, software engineering excellence, user experience and analytics.
As a Lead Business Analyst, you'll work with industry’s best developers, quality analysts and experience designers to develop software products for our customers on some of the latest technologies. As a senior business analyst you will be expected to focus on the following
1. Engage with the client stakeholders to understand and sometimes help them define their vision/problem statement. This requires conducting and facilitating workshops with senior business and IT executives of the customer.
2. Work with ThoughtWorks team members (technology, experience design, quality analysts, project manager) to arrive at the solution roadmap for the identified problem.
3. Present the solution roadmap to customer stakeholders and help build consensus and win the trust of the client as an expert advisor who is working to realize their vision.
4. Lead the business analysis stream in the delivery which includes detailed analysis of the requirements, carving out user stories, prioritization of work along with client product manager, working with delivery team to arrive at estimates, release planning with the project manager and showcase of deliverables to client stakeholders
5. In projects involving multiple business analysts, you will be expected to pair with other BA and coordinate work with them in a collaborative manner.
6. Mentor the other Business analysts in the team on a regular basis with specific focus on client management and solution as well as visioning skills.
7. Work closely with the Project manager and developers to facilitate the timely delivery, build consensus within the team on the solution approach while ensuring that the desired business outcomes of the client are met.
If you find the above role exciting and have the following we would love to have a conversation with you
1. At least 10 years of experience working as a Business analyst, product manager or product owner in the software industry.
2. Some experience in delivering projects using Agile or lean practices
3. Have worked on development of world class systems in more than one industry vertical
4. Good facilitation and communication skills with experience in interacting with senior management functionaries in client organization
5. Is passionate about developing great software and products with the capability to balance the business priorities with user requirements
Back to top