Lead Business Analyst
ThoughtWorks is a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We're dedicated to the art of software delivery by keeping it lightweight, Agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems.
As a BA, you'll be instrumental in the analysis, design and build of critical and complex custom-designed, business applications that use a range of technologies. You'll be responsible for orchestrating collaboration between product owners, business sponsors, subject matter experts and development teams by removing roadblocks and fostering communication.
As a Business Analyst at ThoughtWorks, here's what you'll bring:
- Lots of experience of working in Agile teams as a BA or Iteration Manager (most of our Lead Consultants have 10+ years experience).
- Proficiency in gathering functional and non-functional requirements, writing user stories, mapping out processes and creating wireframes using a variety of tools.
- Strong skills in facilitating workshops with stakeholders of different levels of seniority or backgrounds.
- An ability to promote collaboration between Product Owner, stakeholders, SMEs, XDs, QAs, and developers by removing roadblocks and fostering communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively (team first mentality).
As a Business Analyst at ThoughtWorks, you'll get to:
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools
- Facilitate in organisational transformation solutioning and execution
- Mentor and evangelise Agile, Lean, and CI best practices
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services so you'll be flexible about project location, and willing to travel as part of your role. You could be spending 3 months away from home Monday to Friday – and we know that's not for everyone!
No CV? No problem
We understand that you've probably got more interesting things to do! Please provide a link to any websites or online profiles you want us to take a look at and simply upload a document that lists the top three things you think we should know about you.
Here's an example from one of our developers:
- I started as a C# developer 8 years ago but don't like to limit myself to one programming language - I'm currently attending meet-ups to learn Scala
- I have a 10 year old daughter who I am teaching (with some success) how to code
- I am passionate about TDD, CI and CD and have introduced these methods in my last two jobs
You can upload this info in a document via the CV / Resume link.
Back to top