Lead Business Analyst
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, Agile and open-source. Our clients are organizations with ambitious missions, for whom we deliver complex enterprise systems.
You thrive on getting the team to focus on the project’s most valuable features. You drive solutions and set the stage for success by being collaborative, open and honest. You go beyond company-based processes and toolkits to find out what the software must achieve to deliver value, and by getting to know businesses inside and out. You give a voice to end users and generate ideas alongside developers to create exceptional systems that delight your customers.
You like to listen and love to ask why. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done: whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem, or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a period of time. You thrive in adapting to a changing environment.
In short, you are a ThoughtWorks Business Analyst.
What does this role entail?
- Liaise between product owner, business sponsors, subject matter experts, experience designers, testers, and development groups to remove roadblocks and foster communication
- Facilitate workshops that generate ideas and content for solutions
- Help design and build complex custom-designed solutions that use a wide range of the latest technologies
- Collaborate on organizational transformation solutions and executing
- Share best practices with cross-functional team members
- Evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal culture where your talent is valued above all else
- Mold your career by focusing on what you’re passionate about, rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
- Shape the future of the software industry by leading and contributing to communities within and outside of ThoughtWorks
We are looking for the following experience:
Experience: 9-12 years
- Exposure to a variety of applications, environments, systems, and individuals, both at the systems level and in the trenches
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- An understanding of traditional development approaches, and the ability to compare and contrast benefits of each
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methodologies (i.e., Scrum and XP) and helping teams explore, adopt and optimize Agile-Lean processes, principles, and practices is an added advantage
- Willingness to jump into projects and situations with ambiguous details in multiple domains
- Ability to debate and discuss contradictory opinions and be flexible in your thinking
- A genuine passion for quality software and the know-how to get from sketch to code
- Openness to travel across India or the world
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply and we will reach out to you.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top