IT Administrator / TechOps Consultant
When you join ThoughtWorks you join a wonderful community of people who are passionate about learning, and about sharing what they learn. A community that includes the people who write the books on software excellence and innovation, who write the tools that we all use. A community that is passionate about doing great work for interesting clients, and bringing those clients on a journey of change. A community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
As a IT Administrator at ThoughtWorks, here's what you’ll get to do:
- Be responsible for our new office IT infrastructure setup
- Plan, monitor and install key IT infrastructure elements
- Networking and communications infrastructure (internal, internet, private for customers)
- Order, setup and maintenance of assets (servers, network switches, routers etc.)
- Implement and maintain system software and tools/applications
- Heading tech support (hardware, software, laptops etc.)
- Vendor management.
As ThoughtWorks is a forward-thinking tech consultancy, you will be working with cutting edge technologies across Mac, Windows and Linux. Every day brings new challenges and there is lots of variety in the role as we are constantly evolving and improving our IT infrastructure.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- You’re proactive, responsive and positive, with great people skills. (You’ll be working directly with our consultants, your customers, daily.)
- You’re flexible and open to travelling to other offices in the EU from time to time.
- Ideally, a degree or similar in this field and some relevant experience - perhaps you have done some 2nd line support.
- A passion for technology, solving problems and excellent customer service.
- Thanks to your fluent English and Spanish skills, you are able to communicate with colleagues and suppliers worldwide. You also speak Catalan? Even better.
In addition you are familiar with:
- Mac OS X
- Data security
- Basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP …)
- Virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, Xen
- VOIP and video conferencing systems
- Backup policies design, implementation and administration
- Vendor management and hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with Linux Operating systems (Centos, Redhat or Ubuntu), Windows, GIT, Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be a plus.
Ready? Then reach out to Verena Traub - she is looking forward to getting to know you!
Back to top