ThoughtWorks understands that amazing people are the essence of any exceptional organisation.
We are looking for talented and passionate developers to join our team in Barcelona.
Our approach to software development is a fast, evolutionary, liberating experience – project managers, developers, testers and analysts working collaboratively with clients to deliver immediate and visible results.
While we're looking for strong skills in our core languages, what's equally important is your intellectual curiosity and appetite for solving problems. You'll be working closely with technology leaders and software luminaries. And you'll share our fascination with design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, TDD and Agile.
We want people who can translate their passion for great software into concrete value for clients. Innovators to truly help us to revolutionize software development in Spain. If you've got it, you'll get the way we work.
As an iOS Developer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you'll get to do:
- Join a global technology consultancy that wants to change the world
- Introduce, use and grow agile development practices on a project, including continuous integration (Docker, Jenkins etc) and behaviour or test driven development best practices (BDD and TDD)
- Work on custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use the very latest technologies to build scalable and critical systems
- Contribute and collaborate throughout the software development life cycle
- Coach, mentor and generally spread the word about best practices in software development inside and outside ThoughtWorks community
- Be part of an open and non-hierarchical environment where everyone is expected to speak up and collaborate in project and organisational directions
- Work with an amazingly talented and diverse bunch of people from all around the world
- Passion about coding. Your idea of fun is probably to write an app in your spare time, be it a web 2.0 app or a shiny new framework to bring more fun to your daily activities
- Development and delivery experience with iOS. Experience with any back-end language would be a plus.
- Keen to work collaboratively with intelligent people, sharing your ideas to solve real business problems
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
- Experience in mobile software development beyond iOS
- Have worked on the analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale, custom built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top