Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)
Okay, we know DevOps is not a role, instead much more a philosophy - and we are searching for enthusiasts sharing our passion.
We help our customers to adopt DevOps methodologies, break out of rigid, traditional ways of working and move to more customer-focused and agile approaches. As a DevOps Consultant, you take responsibility for ensuring that the team and client are aware of the operational and development requirements.
As an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for designing, bringing and spreading the knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services. This involves hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of infrastructure and infrastructure support services. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks. In addition to your technical ability, at ThoughtWorks we strive to hire excellent coaches, so your patience and a desire to take others along with you, is absolutely key.
- You are the Ops in DevOps: You know what DevOps stands for. You like spreading the knowledge behind software delivery, shared responsibility and infrastructure operations through close collaboration and pairing in cross-functional teams. You are a strong advocate within your team for writing clean code, designing and testing software systems and applying common infrastructure patterns.
- You are hands-on: You are ready and willing to get involved from day one, building cutting edge infrastructure, using the latest technology in provisioning and configuration management including support services like monitoring, recovery and alerting.
- You know how to work the cloud: You are very familiar and proficient in topics like virtualization, PaaS and IaaS. Resilience, performance and scalability are most important to you. You have a comprehensive and deep understanding of the architecture behind distributed, connected services and environments.
- You are a servant leader: You have excellent communication skills and treat your peers with respect. You are a patient and resourceful coach and teaching others, to you, is as important as being taught.
- You get the job done: You have an eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools and tricks are needed in order to accomplish your goal. You promote a lean and agile work environment through pragmatism and continuous improvement.
- Virtualisation: KVM, QEMU, Docker, Virtualbox, Vagrant/Otto
- Cloud/PaaS/IaaS: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google App/Compute Engine (GAE/GCE), Rackspace, Azure, OpenStack
- Infrastructure provisioning/testing: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverspec/Specinfra
- Programming/Scripting languages: Ruby, Python, bash, Java, Scala, Golang, Clojure, C#
- Linux/Unix: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Continuous Delivery: Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis-CI, GoCD
- Web servers/Application servers: Apache, nginx, Tomcat, Jetty
- Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL, Oracle, Elasticsearch
- Version control: Git, SVN
So, you can see yourself as an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by submitting your CV and cover letter today!
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
Matthew MurdochCheck out this video, to find out more about working at ThoughtWorks, Germany
Back to top