HR Generalist, North America
ThoughtWorks is not your average global IT consulting company; so don’t expect to find average people working here. As a HR Generalist or as we call it, People Support Generalist, you’re going to help us stay this way. As a software services and consulting firm, people really are our business, and your job will be to support them.
We are looking to hire a ‘HR Generalist’ who has a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field or foreign equivalent with five (5) or more years of progressive HR experience preferably in a professional services environment.
Reporting into the Head of People Support North America, the primary responsibilities for this position will include:
- Facilitating and managing new hire orientations on a bi-weekly basis and all transfer inductions.
- Maintains New Hire paperwork related to onboarding and training requirements.
- Partnering with the people teams to continually evaluate and measure the success of NHO on an ongoing quarterly basis or as needed.
- Will partner with Head of People Support to help with investigations and partnering with internal counsel to assess the company’s exposure to potential claims involving terminations, complaints, harassment and discrimination allegations.
- Working closely with managers and the People Support team to address employee relations concerns including performance plans, corrective actions and involuntary exits.
- Completing HRIS Software entries, changes and report requests as needed.
- Maintaining appropriate confidentiality in dealing with company and employee information.
- Assisting in special projects including conducting research and survey facilitation. As well as other People related issues as they may come up.
- Participating in programs with other departments, as needed.
- Learning how the HR/People Support department functions within the company and with other departments.
- Will coordinate the travel logistics of all new hire candidates.
- Will coordinate background checks for employees.
- Other projects, reports etc as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years of progressive HR experience, preferably in a professional services, high-tech or consulting environment.
- Work within an organization that chooses toolkits and frameworks over policy and process
- Knock-your-socks off communication skills. You build rapport effortlessly with all sorts of people. You’re going to be comfortable working with people from multiple cultures, of different generations, and at different stages of their ThoughtWorks journey, as well as quickly building credibility within ThoughtWorkers.
- The ability to solve complex, often ambiguous issues. In our experience this is because you’re intuitively collaborative.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with and resolve confidential, ambiguous and sensitive situations and issues of a complex nature while providing flexible solutions.
- Understanding of continuous improvement and optimization execution.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, HRIS software (PeopleSoft and ADP PC Payroll is a huge plus).
- Maturity to deal professionally and confidentially with employees, vendors and team members.
- Works well under pressure, independently and collaboratively with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Understanding the value of customer service in the HR environment is required.
- HR certification is a plus!
Back to top