Head of Finance - UK
Role: Head of Finance, UK
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems.
This role is based in our London office and is part of a global finance team, so you’ll be working with and alongside talented and passionate people around the world. We are looking for a highly accountable, flexible individual, who is technically excellent, works hard, can nurture productive working relationships, and operate with a considerable degree of autonomy. A passion for technology is a must too.
In ThoughtWorks there re no big company politics and hierarchy; we are collaborators, which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture, whilst, at the same time, being prepared to drill down into the details.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- To be considered you will have worked in a financial management role
- Excellent leadership qualities and technical skills are essential
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financials and Financial Force is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Experience in a globally distributed company is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, ability to manage tight deadlines, and work under pressure - multitasking management is an essential skill for this role
- Ability to communicate and explain financial concepts to non-finance people and interpret the figures for strategic decision-making
- Willingness to share experiences and ideas with your colleagues; open to learning and trying new approaches in order to improve yourself and your team’s performance
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and strong team work spirit
- Open to receiving direct feedback from your colleagues and team members
- The following words will describe you: proactive, problem solver, entrepreneur, detail oriented, excellent analytical skills.
- You're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with.
- As part of the UK Management team, you will be expected to have a sound financial management background, and utilise your expertise to support the mission and values of ThoughtWorks
- Help to drive the business forward by providing NOI forward-looking thru our rolling forecast process
- Nurture relationships with the commercial team to drive revenue, review commercial contracts and assist with negotiations
- Develop and support new commercial models for new offerings
- Provide weekly/monthly management feedback to departmental leaders to assist with cost control and revenue generation
- Provide financial information for the regional leadership team as well as global finance team
- Manage the working capital of the business, including the day to day cash management, through the preparation of Management Accounts
- Ensure annual audit deadlines and tax are met; Ensure compliance with tax and local legislations
- Analyse ROI in various investments
- Coordinate work priorities with the shared services team in China and India
- Manage a team; promote team morale, and ensure effective collaboration, communication, and cooperation
- Update and optimise policies and procedures as needed
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. One of our recruiters will be in touch.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
Back to top