ThoughtWorks is not your average company, so don’t expect to find average people working here. We are a global consultancy that builds custom applications for a diverse range of clients from media through banking to NGOs. We've traditionally been known for our expertise in software development, and we are constantly evolving the ‘next big thing’ in the tech industry.
ThoughtWorks is looking to hire a Finance Analyst based in our Bengaluru office to our TechOps - the role is a key finance position with an opportunity to build and provide critical support to the finance and leadership teams across multiple regions. If you have an eye for the analytical, a desire to learn and grow and a desire to work with a team of bright, driven finance professionals, then read on.
In ThoughtWorks there is no big company politics, we are collaborators, which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture while at the same time being prepared to scale down into the details.
- We can’t see how you’d do this without an accounting degree. Preferably a Chartered Accountant, with 0-1 year Experience.
- If you have experience from 2-5-years’ in Finance domain but not a CA you can apply too.
- Good leadership qualities and good technical competence is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting transactions typical for a globally distributed company.
- Preferably from Audits & Taxation background, with knowledge in MIS.
- Experience using PeopleSoft financials and Financial Force is highly desirable, but not required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Very good English written & Verbal communication skills. Good presentation skills will be added advantage.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and strong team work spirit.
- Capable of receiving direct feedback from team members and willing to share experiences and ideas with your colleagues.
- Open to learning and trying new approaches and options in order to improve yourself and your team’s performance.
- The following words will describe you: Proactive, problem solver, entrepreneur, detail oriented with excellent analytical skills. You're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with.
Able to travel both internationally and domestically within India as needed to other ThoughtWorks offices.
Procurement and Vendor Management:-
• Keeping Track of all purchases across the region.
• To review procurement contracts and aware of clauses around penalty and closure of contract requirements to avoid any related penalties.
• Ensuring that best contract prices and discounts are availed during procurement.
• Reviewing of expenses to ensure that all expenses are correctly recorded.
• Keeping track of all warranty/renewals/leases across region. To have the data in consolidated manner. Ensuring all agreements are in place and review all contracts to be aware of ‘penalty clauses’ for proactive information about upcoming renewals/closure of contracts.
• Prepare Cash Flow and working capital forecast.
• Master agreement with vendors
• Understanding the nature of each software purchases whether ‘user’ based / perpetual model. Coming up with software forecast model .
Planning and Reporting :-
• Tracking of actual cost Versus the Planned cost and providing analytical insights for business decision making.
• Working through with team for rolling forecast for next quarters.
• Keeping Product Owners upto date with actual spend and planned spend so that decisions can be taken by them.
• Work with Product Owners for monthly presentations of financials.
Month End Close :-
• Ensuring Timely month close. All expenses should be accounted in the correct accounting period.
• Accruals to be in place for expenses incurred.
• To ensure that Balance Sheet accounts for prepaid and software licenses are recognized and amortized correctly, reviewed and submitted on time every period.
• Posting of journal entries as per internal accounting norms ensuring correct project codes and department are used and cost accounted between region and global.
• Depreciation entries are correctly accounted in line with accounting policy for respective countries.
• Leasing entries are correctly accounted in line with accounting policy for respective countries.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top