Experienced Software Developer
ThoughtWorks understands that amazing people are the essence of any exceptional organisation.
We are looking for talented and passionate developers to join our team in Barcelona.
Our approach to software development is a fast, evolutionary, liberating experience – project managers, developers, testers and analysts working collaboratively with clients to deliver immediate and visible results.
While we’re looking for strong skills in our core languages, what’s equally important is your intellectual curiosity and appetite for solving problems. You’ll be working closely with technology leaders and software luminaries. And you’ll share our fascination with design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, TDD and Agile.
We want people who can translate their passion for great software into concrete value for clients. Innovators to truly help us to revolutionize software development in Spain. If you’ve got it, you’ll get the way we work.
Working with us you'll get to:
- Join a global technology consultancy that wants to change the world. As well as shaping our strategy for Spain.
- Introduce, use and grow agile development practices on a project, including continuous integration (Docker, Jenkins etc) and behaviour or test driven development practices (BDD and TDD).
- Work using micro-services with cloud computing tools like AWS.
- Contribute and collaborate throughout the software development life cycle.
- Coach, mentor and generally spread the word about best practices in software development inside and outside ThoughtWorks community.
- Be part of an open and non-hierarchical environment where everyone is expected to speak up and collaborate in project and organizational directions.
- Work with an amazingly talented and diverse bunch of people from all around the world.
To be considered for a role with us, you'll bring the following:
- Passion about coding. Your idea of fun is probably to write an app in your spare time, be it a web 2.0 app or a shiny new framework to bring more fun to your daily activities.
- Development and delivery experience with Java, Scala, or Ruby. Expect to show us a bit of your talent.
- Analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom-built OO applications.
- Keen to work collaboratively with people, sharing your ideas to solve real business problems.
- Latent knowledge with agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships.
- Intermediate English skills. You may not be able to have a fluent conversation, but you will need to feel comfortable working in an environment where English is very frequently used.
We will really value if you have:
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing.
- Experience working with Agile methods, including Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Active participation in the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor.
Ready? Then reach out to Sara - she is looking forward to getting to know you!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top