Entry Level Developer
ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company, so we don’t hire average people. We hire those who want to use technology to address challenging problems, explore new domains and advocate for social justice.
We’re a global IT consulting firm with almost 4,000 employees on six continents with no plans of stopping. We’ve made a name for ourselves during our 20+ years of business. Our clients know that we will deliver amazing custom software and that we never compromise on excellence. Our expertise and scale allows us to bring the same benefits to our social and economic justice causes that we do to our corporate clients.
We’re more than just a consultancy — we’re a social community composed of individuals who bring curiosity and passion for technology; the kind that makes learning seem more like fun than work. This community thrives on continuous learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing, so we’ve implemented a “no jerks allowed” policy.
Our Associate Consultant (AC) Program, intended for those with less than 1 year of work experience in the tech industry, is a 24-month program that provides coaching, support and fosters the growth of the future leaders in ThoughtWorks.
The AC program begins with new ThoughtWorkers from all over the world gathering in India for ThoughtWorks University (TWU) - a five-week training course. Those five weeks are devoted to understanding the culture at ThoughtWorks and preparing you for your role on a client project.
As an Associate Consultant, you’ll get to:
- Work alongside incredibly talented developers and analysts
- Tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of technologies
- Work in Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Kick-start your career outside the confinements of a traditional career path – one which focuses on your strengths rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Shape the future of our organization by leading and/or contributing to communities within ThoughtWorks
- Freely voice your ideas (and listen to your peers) as part of continuous open and passionate debate on every topic from the merits of Coffee Script to Cucumber
- Be a part of an organization that is as committed to social responsibility as it is to technology and innovation
- Great attitude and hunger for learning
- Ability to travel up to 100% (back home on the weekends) across the US and Canada to help our clients solve their business problems
- Computer Science degree is great, but if you like to write code and love technology, we’re not going to rule you out for not having one
- No more than one year professional experience working as a developer
- Understanding of analysis, design, coding, and OO concepts
- Curiosity of software development practices, in particular Agile development practices.
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style. (Not sure if that’s you? Think back to your last project – how would the team describe working with you?)
- Drive to do what it takes to get the job done. (That might mean returning to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities. It might even mean you thrive at adapting to changing environments).
If you have what it takes to be a ThoughtWorker, we cannot wait to meet you. We have some of the best and most qualified technologists on the planet- Come join us!
Back to top