At ThoughtWorks our dedication to the art of software delivery has long meant driving deeper collaboration between different parts of an organization. We literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery, which recognizes the deeper role of infrastructure and operations as an integral part of the delivery process, and have been an active part of the DevOps community since the beginning.
As a DevOps Engineer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for bringing and spreading the knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services.
We help our customers to adopt DevOps approaches, break out of rigid, traditional ways of working and move to more customer-focused and agile approach. We currently have multiple positions for experts in infrastructure as code and DevOps to join us.
As a DevOps Engineer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services. This includes hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks. In addition to technical skills, at ThoughtWorks we also need excellent coaches so your patience and a desire to take others along with you is absolutely key. If this sounds appealing then we want to talk to you!
Skills & Requirements
Here's what you'll bring:
- Collaborative, team focus
- As we are a consulting business, naturally we seek excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience working with server virtualiation (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry.)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang)
- Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS.)
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Operations team experience
Back to top