Delivery Manager - Bahmni
Job Description |Delivery Manager for Bahmni
The ThoughtWorks Global Health practice is looking for a Delivery Manager to be part of the team that will help scale Bahmni, an electronic medical records (EMR) system, and create the desired impact in the social sector space.
ThoughtWorks is a global technology company that has its offices in over 14 countries and is home to a community of passionate and purpose-led individuals. Our teams think disruptively to deliver empowering technology that addresses clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
ThoughtWorks Global Health
ThoughtWorks Global Health delivers custom solutions, products and consulting on digital health architecture and strategy to clients to empower their communities, deliver high quality care and make informed decisions to further their vision.
The Product |Bahmni
Bahmni, an open source electronic medical record (EMR) and hospital information system. It combines and enhances existing open source products into a single solution. While there are numerous attributes that make Bahmni unique, the one that stands out is that it is designed for hospitals and organizations in low resource environments. In addition to enabling care providers to be more effective and precise to provide better care, Bahmni facilitates mining of data on socio-economic indicators, for policy change or reporting to funders.
Either way, Bahmni is easy to maintain in rural settings, where doctor to patient ratio is low and is designed for use by people who aren’t tech-savvy.
Are you inspired?
We are. Come work with a group of talented professionals who work alongside those who stand in solidarity with the poor and oppressed to remediate health disparities by developing solutions and the intersection of health and technology. We believe health is a human right.
Responsibilities of a Delivery Manager:
- Translate our product strategy and vision into product features and capabilities since our teams follow an evolving Agile approach to product development. Be involved at every stage of the project lifecycle, including planning the next release as you manage the current one
- Collaborate with Product Management, Demand, Implementation, and Marketing to innovate and ensure that the product being developed solves systemic challenges in the healthcare space
- Provide visibility to stakeholders, both internal and external, on progress and clearly communicate how risks and issues are being mitigated and what additional assistance is needed, if any.
- Manage dynamic teams, coach and provide candid feedback to team members
- Introduce innovation in tools & processes with a close watch on the world outside through concepts, benchmarks and evaluations.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the domain context and market needs driving the development of a specific product
To do well in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- 10 years project and program management experience in software development engagements, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Prior experience with delivery management for a product
- Experience running IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement and distributed teams
- Collaborative and un-hierarchical work style. (If you’re not sure, ask yourself how easy do people find it to work with you.)
- Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done - going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for some time, you thrive at adapting to changing environments
- Collaborating and working with open source communities to synergize initiatives
- Knowledge of health information technology (electronic medical records) is a major plus!
- Account development experience; creating, maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships that have yielded business opportunity.
- A passion for the healthcare domain is an advantage
- Experience working with OpenSource and OpenSource Ecosystems will be prefered.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure against tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to productize.
- Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs.
- You value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts, and culture.
- You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Seeking Feedback. You value others' opinions on both self and product in order to improve both.
ThoughtWorks Global Health is committed to providing world class products & platforms to aid that effort.
At ThoughtWorks Global Health, we are looking for people who are passionate about working in the intersection of software and public health, all while working with the best and brightest. We value teamwork, the ability to meet commitments as well as skill and a successful track record.
This role will be based from out of Hyderabad, however you can expect an element of travel (within India as well as to China) should we need your expertise for one of our social sector clients.
Back to top