ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented Data scientists passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
PhD/MS or Masters in Applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background. 5+ years experience in a relevant role.
· Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
· Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
· Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modeling techniques.
· Experience using R, SAS, Matlab or equivalent statistical/data analysis tools. Ability to transfer that knowledge to different tools
· Experience with matrices, distributions and probability
· Familiarity with at least one scripting language - Python/Ruby
· Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
· Natural language processing experience is a plus
· Experience with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive etc. is a plus
· Experience with NoSQL stores is a plus
· Has worked in a big data environment before alongside a big data engineering team (and data visualization team, data and business analysts)
· Translate client's business requirements into a set of analytical models
· Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype the model(s)
· Work with the client's business users and/or data scientists to define and close on the model design
· Provide inputs to the data ingestion/engineering team on input data required by the model, size, format, associations, cleansing required
· Identify/Provide approach and data to validate the model(s)
· Collaborate with a technology/data engineering team to transfer the business understanding, get the model productionized and validate the output along with business users
· Tune the model(s) to improve results provided over time
· Understand business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
· Do hands-on data analysis and model creation and proactively mentor other team members
· Work in highly collaborative teams that strive to build quality systems and provide business value
· Work closely with clients, both in the Business Domain and with Technical staff members
· Have the opportunity to work in a number of different domains in a variety of different client environments
· Travel to work at client sites and other ThoughtWorks offices. This may include international travel
· Continually learn, mentor and develop your career
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top