Cloud and Infrastructure Principal
Do you have an opinion on how to scale Digital Platform Thinking across organizations of various shapes and sizes?
Have you validated (alignment) this opinion against executive stakeholders and transformed that opinion into a revenue-generating implementation?
Have you worked with teams to successfully deploy testable IaC on a national/global scale?
Have you been successful in creating infrastructures that combine rapid continuous deployment of containerized applications and Big Data systems within one or more cloud providers at an enterprise level?
Are you looking to challenge yourself with solving problems across multiple contexts and industries?
Do you have a strong opinion about how to organize teams for rapid delivery of business value in a platform environment?
Do you want to be a change agent?
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, A POSITION WITH THOUGHTWORKS’ DIGITAL PLATFORM STRATEGY COULD BE THE NEXT EVOLUTION IN YOUR CAREER.
The ThoughtWorks Digital Platform Strategy (DPS) offers a holistic approach unleashing the power an enterprise already possesses. By combining tailored platform solutions with powerful strategic guidance, we collaborate with our partners to build and execute on a strategy to facilitate innovation, reduce time to market, and deliver unique competitive advantage.
As a Cloud and Infrastructure Principal, you will help create a strategic vision for the delivery infrastructure and a roadmap to implement this vision with our client. You’ll be pushing industries forward through technology at global scale. As a servant leader, you’ll foster an environment that empowers teams and will pursue the development of your team members, setting everyone up to produce their best work.
You will spend weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that technology has to solve their most pressing problems.
We are looking for an SME who is able to….
- Advise C level execs in enterprise organizations by bringing expertise in modern infrastructure and delivery.
- Make large-scale strategic architecture decisions such as: tools or services to introduce, organizational structure recommendations, and align this thinking across organizations
- Show teams how to develop and execute a strategic platform roadmap, providing the developer-customers with the tools that reduce friction
- Lead the design of technical solutions, and overseeing program inceptions to build a new software delivery capabilities.
- Build relationships across all tiers of our client partners and lead crucial business conversations regarding Delivery Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Evaluate trade offs of on-premises vs cloud benefits for organizations of all shapes and sizes
- Continuously evolve and refine the DPS offering for ThoughtWorks and our client partners. This will involve using your expertise to develop code, knowledge, and opinion artifacts to help scale the DPS product offering across multiple client organizations.
What makes ThoughtWorks different?
You are part of team of people who are all working together to solve our client’s biggest technical problems. You’ll work with a team of technical experts across various specialties (Data, API, Security) to collaborate on solutions.
Here’s what it means to be a “ThoughtWorker”:
- As a ThoughtWorker, you’ll be a key player in helping our clients all over the world build great software and leap ahead of, or even redirect, their market.
- ThoughtWorkers will tell you that this is a place to be yourself; where you’ll be empowered to contribute your talents, knowledge, and opinions as both a technologist and a human being.
- You’ll be joining a for-profit company, but we think of ourselves as for-profit, with purpose. Outside of our day to day work with commercial clients, we believe that we are most impactful by partnering and supporting lots of organisations who are dedicated to social and economic justice.
- We’re big on feedback and development. In our feedback-rich culture, everyone is required to play the coaching role to an extent: our senior consultants mentor and provide guidance to newer members of the team, and everyone is encouraged to solicit constant feedback from their teammates throughout the year.
- You’ll develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
- Constant learning is celebrated and even required. We’re proud that ThoughtWorkers have written over 100 books on tech, and you’ll find ThoughtWorkers blogging, writing, and speaking at tech conferences around the world.
An important note:
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll need to be be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Meaghan is involved in assessing progress and accuracy at various stages of the development cycle, from design to release. She uses a variety of tools and her own expertise to make sure client products and solutions are being developed correctly.
Back to top