Client Operations – Security & Compliance Officer
Amazing human beings are the essence of exceptional organizations.
ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy providing Agile-based systems development and consulting services. We've pioneered many of the most advanced and successful Agile methods of software development and best practices used in the industry today. Our reputation has been built purely as a result of the caliber of people that have worked with us.
Engaging with sales/demand team during proposal stage to understand the client’s requirements while working on the proposal and translating the security, privacy and technology needs into a workable plan.
Work closely with our Legal, InfoSec and client service teams (Client principals, project managers and tech leads) to coordinate the setup and ongoing compliance (reviews) of the physical working spaces and infrastructure to meet the requirements of the client engagements.
Collaboratively proposing, planning and estimating options with our client teams to ensure security and legal demands are met with as little friction as possible.
Determine the potential demands and responsibilities of our TechOps support staff to successfully support our client teams.
Identify and report risks, along with mitigations, costs, plans and solutions to the Regional Product Owner, COO and Leadership teams.
Facilitating and/or undertaking any client on-site IT audits / reviews / remediation before and during the client engagement.
Regularly meet with our sales/demand and legal teams to educate them on best practices, gotchas and efficient contract negotiation.
Tracking infrastructure usage, publish periodic reports and facilitate infrastructure decommissioning on end of the engagement.
This role will involve regular travel within North America (SF, NYC, Chicago, Dallas) and occasional travel to India, Brazil, Europe and China
Skills and Experience
- Background in IT infrastructure operations, security and service delivery management
- Manage change and stakeholder relationships
- Responsive, proactive and responsible with a service oriented mindset
- Detail oriented with a desire to be involved in contract negotiations, reviews and proposals
- Strong negotiation skills especially under pressure
- Willing to adapt to the needs of different clients, requirements and infrastructure. There is no one size fits all approach, each engagement may be vastly different in requirements, risks and technological implementation. Dictators need not apply.
- Familiarity with open source and traditional technology. As well as Cloud, virtual and traditional environments.
Great to have but not necessary:
- Knowledge of Asset Management & IT Budgeting preferred
- Business continuity and disaster recovery experience
- Familiarity with network technology and associated vulnerabilities
General Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and soft skills in general
- Previous background in technology operations in medium to large scale environment preferred
- Experience: 5+ Years
- Location: Preferably Chicago but could be NYC, SF or Dallas.
Technical Skills and Experience you might have:
- Physical servers
- Virtual servers
- Network switches
- Wireless implementations
- Anti Virus, malware, endpoint and perimeter protection and other security tools.
- Linux, Mac and windows operating systems.
- Software development and build technologies and processes.
- Experience of Virtualization Technologies such as VMware, KVM.
- Knowledge of SVN, GIT or related source code management tools.
- Server and network monitoring.
Back to top