ThoughtWorks’ aim is quite simple; recruit and retain seriously talented people who want to add business value on high technology projects. We are expanding our Associate Consultant program to find even more exceptionally talented Entry Level Developers and Analysts.
To ensure we get this right, we are looking for a passionate recruiter who will help us to understand the college recruiting, track-down fresh talent, and help us to continue to hire exceptional people. Unlike many of our competitors, we are committed to hiring a diverse range of entry-level candidates and visiting over 20 universities to do this. In order to do this, we continue to improve our hiring and evolve our brand, finding new sources for hires, even headhunting people when we need to. This is your chance to bring all of your innovative ideas to the table.
As a Campus Recruiter you will be:
- Selling ThoughtWorks to potential ThoughtWorkers; either through a telephone interview or a face to face meeting, you are responsible for getting people excited about ThoughtWorks.
- Creating amazing experiences. You will make sure that potential ThoughtWorkers are meeting the right interviewers and that we are ensuring that they are looked after at every stage of the process. You ensure that candidates are treated as individuals.
- Articulating the risks and benefits of a hire. From the first time you speak with a potential ThoughtWorker, you are assessing their strengths and weaknesses so that we can make lower risk hiring decisions.
- Be an advocate of social networking within our recruiting function and helping ThoughtWorks to capitalize on these tools.
- Constantly looking for creative sourcing strategies.
- Building relationship with universities to find top-talent graduates.
- Being an ambassador for ThoughtWorks. Very often you’ll be the first person that someone talks to from us, so you need to be great at understanding their motivations and matching their motivations with the benefits of working here.
- Representing ThoughtWorks at events and building community. While this role will often be office-based, you will be comfortable with attending conferences, career fairs, meetups and building a pop-up marketing stand.
- Don’t forget you also have to create executing a strategy to follow up with them.
- Making sure that we are creating an inclusive sourcing strategy that takes extraordinary steps to approach people from diverse backgrounds.
You’ll bring the following:
- Experience in a fast-paced recruiting environment, experience hiring at universities a big plus (although not essential).
- Beyond LinkedIn, a strong understanding of Web 2.0/social networking and its impact on recruiting.
- Strong inner geek - someone who is actually interested in technology.
- Track record of being a recruitment advisor to the business, evidenced by the ability to take recruitment requirements, turn them into job descriptions and hiring people.
- Experience of both high volume, constant recruitment and delivering a shortlist of candidates within set deadlines.
- A passion for learning quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A desire to collaborate with a team to produce a world class end result.
- Gut instinct about culture and technical fit.
- High integrity and respect for candidates and colleagues alike.
- Strong organizational skills including both event and calendar management.
We like to do things differently here, so we’re seeking a creative approach to recruiting. If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety and challenge every day, we’d love to meet you.
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top