Business Development Manager
ThoughtWorks Singapore is looking for a Business Development Manager to support our growing business in Singapore and the ASEAN region.
We work collaboratively with our clients to achieve and exceed their business goals through innovative high-tech solutions. You will work with our team of passionate agile experts to be disruptive to meet ambitious business plans. We are seeking individuals with a desire to work in a creative and innovative environment to establish long term and fun relationship with our customers and fellow ThoughtWorkers.
We are looking for someone who is motivated and experienced in growing new business opportunities.
The role offers a high degree of autonomy and requires an entrepreneur spirit to make it happen.
- Experience selling services in the high-tech world; ideally in a technology consultancy or custom software environment
- Good network of contacts within IT and client industries. Banking, Government or Healthcare sector experience is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of industry/ market trends and client’s business strategy and IT goals to develop and execute the TW account strategy and build “win-win” outcomes.
- Able to speak with authority on industry trends, competitive practice, issues, etc.
- Knowledge of the Singapore and ASEAN market, and experienced in generating leads and winning deals in the region.
- Identifying C-Level decision-makers, build strong strategic relationships, become a trusted and valued partner and advisor to the client CX Os and key stakeholders.
- Develop sales-ready opportunities by qualifying accounts and collecting information that includes business pains and data such as timelines; project teams, decision makers, budget and other competitive information
- Follow-up on Marketing-generated leads in order to qualify them in an efficient manner, and ensure high translation of lead to revenue.
- Value selling: Nurture leads by assessing the opportunity, communicating the value propositions for the customer, and following up in a timely manner
- Lead sales pursuit teams to engage clients and win strategic deals
- Regular CRM pipeline discipline, Forecasting accuracy, and customer and opportunity management
- A proven track record of building C-level relationships
- A demonstrated creative and innovative approach to building and improving client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of a highly consultative and solutions oriented approach to Develop expertise in and helped improve their client’s business
- Seen as a problem solver by clients
- Skilled in creating value propositions for clients
- Experience of winning large-scale software development projects
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Minimum 8 – 13+ years experience
- Experience selling application development / software services
- Experience with legal contractual terms and conditions, contract reviews, contract negotiations and contract/ risk management
- Experience with IT project/ contract management is preferred
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills
- Experience working in the Singapore market
- An individual with the experience, personal style and sophistication to develop executive relationships. We expect a high degree of maturity, intelligence, tact, confidence and executive presence.
- A sophisticated view of business and a strategic thinker with the ability to translate concepts and ideas into practical and tactical action.
- Creativity and imagination, energy and enthusiasm.
- A goal-oriented self-starter with strong consultative instincts and skills who quickly and easily establishes rapport and credibility.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment where leading-edge thinking and impact are expected.
- Someone who is flexible and thrives on changing environments.
- Possess a natural ability to network and build lasting business relationships
- Ability to work independently - self starter / motivated / can do attitude
- Good written, communication and presentation skills
Back to top