You are inquisitive, passionate and creative. You like to listen and love to ask why. You are a people person with an innate ability to talk to people in a way they understand. You’d prefer to be working in noisy team room than in an isolated cubicle. Facilitation comes naturally to you; you take the whiteboard over Word as the canvas you collaborate on. People say you make the complex simple. You effortlessly switch between big picture thinking and nit-picking detail. Pragmatism is your middle name, you work at speed, know what ‘just’ enough is and inspire with your can-do attitude. You are an Analyst who works for ThoughtWorks.
Why do you do that?
Well, you work on some pretty cool projects, building complex, enterprise-transforming business applications. You work with stakeholders across businesses to define what they need, and take responsibility for ensuring that applications fulfil the business requirements. You work alongside some of the most talented developers on the planet. You are part of diverse, high energy teams focused on full life-cycle development. You continually learn, mentor and grow. If this sounds like you and the sort of thing you’d like to do then we should talk. We are looking for brilliant and talented analysts to join ThoughtWorks China.
Get the kind of challenge you love
Fascinating clients on the one hand. Passionate software development teams looking for problems to solve on the other. You’ll be the bridge between the two. It’ll involve a lot of open and honest communication. It’ll mean getting to know businesses inside out. Finding out what their software must achieve, how it will be used and then generating the ideas our developers draw on to create custom applications.
Things happen when you’re around
As a ThoughtWorks' Business Analyst, you will be responsible for understanding and communicating client requirements for successful project delivery.
- Analyze an organization and understand what makes it tick
- Unearth the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating the business opportunity or problem as an opportunity for a software solution or an organizational transformation solution
- Provide expertise in the area of business case development
- Facilitate workshops and sessions that generate the content for solutions and gain buy in for solution
- Create and articulate the “big picture” of the solution to delivery and client teams to understand cross functional inter-dependencies and impact
- Define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges and risks
- Educate and championing the processes and practices of the Agile and Lean methodology
- Orchestrate the collaboration between, Product Owner, Business Sponsors, SMEs, Testers and Development groups by removing roadblocks and facilitating communication
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the Product Owner, client’s business stakeholders and client executives
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Drive thought-leadership within ThoughtWorks in the Business Analysis space
- Create and support sales activities
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- A broad enterprise-wide view and understanding of business processes and drivers having significant work experience at a senior level within large – medium size business corporations
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Ideally experienced working as part of a consulting organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholders
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Strong facilitation experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- An understanding of traditional development approaches, and the ability to compare and contrast benefits of each
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top