Big Data Engineer (m/f)
ThoughtWorks Germany is looking for talented engineers passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
We're seeking passionate technologists, regardless of background to work with us.
As a Big Data Engineer, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Work closely with data scientists when creating impactful insights from complex data
- Design appropriate techniques for operationalising analytical models
- Design and implement effective data processing architectures
- Work collaboratively with software developers and visualisation experts to deliver high quality custom solutions and powerful user experiences
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- You take pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- hands-on experience working on HDFS, Java MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Oozie etc.
- hands-on experience working on YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala etc.
- strong communication and client-facing skills
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- German language skills would be desirable
What are you waiting for?
So, can you see yourself as a Big Data Engineer at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by submitting your CV today!
"Stop careering. Start Contributing."
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
Check out this video, to find out more about working at ThoughtWorks, Germany
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Dan writes code that contributes to products and software solutions for clients. Each engagement is different, so Dan has worked on many front-end and back-end projects. Along the way, he collaborates with his team to ensure the best possible solution.
Back to top