Big Data Engineer
ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented engineers passionate about building large-scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
You will be responsible for -
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Advising clients on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available in the ecosystem
Ideally, you should have -
- Minimum 6 to 9 years of overall industry experience
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Production-level hands-on experience working on HDFS, Java MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Oozie etc.
- Solid understanding of YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala etc.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Senior engineers (7+ years) are expected to be the Architect for small and large enterprise projects. On larger projects, you are expected to work closely with the fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further.
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
We operate in five cities in India - Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Pune, and Hyderabad. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!
Ref: #LI- RP1
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Amanda develops software for various client projects by traveling to client sites and collaborating with fellow ThoughtWorkers to build viable software solutions.
Back to top