Product Manager - Card Issuing
- London, United Kingdom
Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine's core product, Vault, is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was ranked as the most desirable London fintech to work at by Sifted when comparing employee reviews on Glassdoor and named in Fintech 50 (2020). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
As a Product Manager, you will define, deliver and continue to expand the capabilities for supporting Card Issuance within Vault - our next generation core banking and payment platform. Within this role, you will work cross-functionally across the Thought Machine business, being responsible for the product direction and delivery that will enable card issuers across the globe to use Vault to operate their card portfolios and process transactions in a fully in-house developed cloud-native environment.
This is a greenfield project, and the successful candidate will own the design, development and launch of the initial offering and the ongoing growth of the product as we scale.
- Being a customer champion who understands end user problems, customer needs, competitive and market trends in the cards, payments and core banking space.
- Partnering with teams across Thought Machine to develop the Card Issuance component of our product that will scale to issuers of all sizes, globally.
- Representing these elements of the product internally within the business and externally to customers and prospects.
- Engaging in requirements gathering sessions with customers and being able to marry a bank's or card issuer's requirements and terminology with Thought Machine's internal engineering plans.
- Author and collation of feature requests from internal product development teams, customers, prospects and others to assess in terms of existing capabilities, prioritise and shape the roadmap.
- Engaging closely with the engineering and delivery teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods and execution schedule.
- Defining and measuring key metrics and KPIs for long-term success of the product.
- Producing professional documentation and communication to customers, partners and internal teams.
Back to top