- London, United Kingdom
Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine's core product Vault is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks.
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was ranked as the most desirable London fintech to work at by Sifted when comparing employee reviews on Glassdoor and named in Fintech 50 (2020). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Our unique culture is bringing together a talented set of diverse problem solvers to design, build and maintain a cloud native core banking system to support any type of bank. We pride ourselves in excellence, adopting best practices in continuous deployment monorepo style development.
Engineering Managers at Thought Machine lead complex technical projects to deliver on our product roadmap. To accomplish this you will manage a group of talented engineers as they identify issues and implement creative solutions to address them. You will manage your own project deliverables, contribute to product strategy and help develop and grow your team. We are particularly excited to hear from people who show strong product ownership and enjoy switching between engineering management and being hands on with technical work.
- Working with your team closely with Product Management and Client Services on defining and delivering our product roadmap.
- Actively participate in technical discussions and design reviews.
- Measuring your team's impact.
- Contributing to product strategy.
- Contributing to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team on anything from recruitment to team processes.
- Developing engineers in your team and help them in their career development.
- Leading by example: Code reviews and hands on technical work
Back to top