Under direction from senior members of the Practical Law Employment Team, write, review, commission and maintain high quality content for the Employment Law area. This includes (but is not limited to):
o practice notes
o standard documents
o drafting notes
o current awareness updates
o case reports
o trend reports
• Maintain currency and expertise across all jurisdictions of Australian Employment Law.
• Monitor developments and trends in human resources and people management issues and maintain processes to ensure the currency of the Employment Law area.
• Contribute to innovative plans for future employment law content to be published.
• Develop creative strategies for the dissemination of content, including the use of social media, to build and maintain Practical Law's customer base.
• Minimum 2+ years' PQE working as a lawyer, or comparable experience, in practice or in a in-house counsel role.
• Sound understanding of the Australian legal market and of the needs and priorities of law firms and in-house counsel.
• An understanding of the challenges facing human resource and people management professionals.
• An understanding of Australia's workplace relations system and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
• G ood knowledge of legal research databases
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Back to top