Workforce Lead/Sr. Product Developer
The Workforce Lead will oversee a team of temporary workers to help ensure on-time, on-budget and complete delivery of projects that address customer needs and provide real customer value.
They will develop and manage the creation of new legal research products and enhancements to Westlaw that improve the customer experience and generate substantial new revenue for Thomson Reuters. This position requires someone who is passionate about understanding our customers, is capable of bringing creative and bold new ideas to life, can lead a team of highly motivated professionals and will deliver superior results consistently.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Oversee temporary workforce of researchers, editors and testers, including requisition and resource management, assignment responsibilities, and tracking and reporting of project time and contract status.
- Recruit and hire temporary workers who are well-qualified and highly motivated to help the team succeed.
- Coordinate how temporary workers can be best leveraged by other product development workstreams.
- Manage quality assurance testing for products and enhancements.
- Ensure that business requirements, product designs and team performance are consistently excellent.
- Manage formal and informal customer research to validate, prioritize, and refine new product concepts.
- Monitor and report on performance of new products and enhancements through usage tracking.
- Provide oversight of existing products by answering questions, investigating problems, and working with technology and other internal teams to resolve problems.
- Support and develop team members to help them expand their capabilities, prepare them for new roles, and improve how they meet their objectives within the evolving culture of the organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Advanced legal degree (JD, LLM or MLS)
- 5 years of experience in product development, legal product management, or related software development or design.
- 2 years of experience in overseeing a team of professionals preferred.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Substantial knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys
- Ability to execute on business objectives and strategies
- Ability to facilitate decision-making and build consensus, lead meetings and provide regular updates to the organization
- Ability to think critically and find creative solutions to problems
- Confidence when leading expert and passionate professionals in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong negotiating skills, including the ability to engage other stakeholders not under direct management to pursue a new course of action
- Strong project management skills, including project planning and ability to drive teams to accomplish established objectives within tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively summarize complex issues, particularly in a group setting
- Strong technical aptitude with ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Superior time-management and ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Extensive experience using Westlaw and other online research tools
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
LOCATION & TRAVEL:
The position is located in Eagan, Minnesota. Less than 10% travel time may be required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top