Workday Payroll Configuration Manager
The Workday Payroll Configuration Manager will be responsible for the configuration of our Workday Payroll for Global Thomson Reuters. This role supports the payroll system used by all US and Canadian employees, HR and line management colleagues as well as the interactions with our global payroll vendors.
- Troubleshoot complex Workday payroll configuration and reporting issues to identify and fix root causes.
- Lead focused discovery efforts to explore new functionality and tools used by payroll and/or our business partners.
- Create complex custom reports to meet business needs
- Design technical solutions to solve challenging business problems as it relates to payroll
- Work with functional experts to produce formal configuration requirements documentation for strategic initiatives.
- Configure Workday solution to meet business needs, following standard software development lifecycle.
- Analyze software releases to assess impact of new features on core solution.
- Develop and execute unit and system integration test plans.
- Define configuration and report writing processes and standards related to payroll data.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of paycodes being used across the business and partner with HR to determine proper usage and global consistency
- Work to define integration needs for payroll vendors
- Define and document process for requesting new payroll configuration
- Understands, documents and communicates impact of configuration changes to global business processes and system users
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 4 years Workday payroll configuration experience
- Certified Workday Pro is preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of Payroll end to end processing experience (using either Workday/Peoplesoft or SAP is desired)
- Highly analytical with ability to draw conclusions from analysis and make recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 1 year working in a global payroll organization required
- Expertise in finance and/or accounting preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Access with good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Reporting experience with SAP/BEX preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to partner with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative and prioritize workload
- Ability to successfully meet project and schedule deadlines.
- Ability to organize and lead small projects.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top