Web Application Developer
Come join a team of creative and innovative software developers dedicated to working on leading edge problems with research scientists and engineers. You and your team will collaborate to build the next generation of products powered by Artificial Intelligence that will help our customers find the answers they are looking for.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to use extraordinary development skills, and learn and grow in technologies like Big Data, search engines, recommendation systems and machine learning.
Thomson Reuters is at the forefront of development of technology that will revolutionize how people access and use information by interacting with intelligent machines. The Centre for Cognitive Computing is a newly-formed branch of Thomson Reuters Research & Development dedicated to advancing the state of the art in machine perception, reasoning, knowledge management and human-computer interfaces. We are working with companies like IBM and technology like Watson™ to build novel solutions for our millions of customers. Thomson Reuters provides authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help our customers find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Design and develop web applications with engaging graphical user interfaces. Design and build UI prototypes and Proof of Concept applications. Design and build web applications and utilities for data visualization, discovery, and automation of research tasks. Liaison with other departments concerning transition of prototypes into production.
- Effectively interact with external groups as part of integrated project teams.
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of professional software development experience, including at least 3 years of application or web service development
- Experience in User Experience design and graphic user interface modeling.
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills. Experience working with customers to gather requirements
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of or experience with authentication schemes – like OAuth.
- Experience with AngularJS (v2 ) and NodeJS.
- Experience or familiarity with the suite of Amazon Web Services (AWS) dealing with web-app development and delivery is preferable. (EC2, Route53, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, S3)
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies is a plus: natural language processing, machine learning, information retrieval, information extraction, document classification, summarization, and named entity extraction and resolution.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Experience building and communicating with web services using Java or Python
You are expected to be able to demonstrate your programming capabilities.
Thomson Reuters employees take pride in providing our customers around the world with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive - we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Thomson Reuters values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or local law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found at http://www.thomsonreuters.com/.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top