Wall Street Banks Correspondent (Level 1 Journalist)
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Reuters is seeking a journalist to cover Wall Street banks and serve as a team leader overseeing our coverage of the industry as it moves from a period of restructuring and regulation to a time when business is booming again. Tax reforms engineered by the Trump administration have boosted the bottom line and spurred a spate of megadeals. Meanwhile, trading - once left for dead - has been buoyed by rising interest rates and global economic growth. Other areas like wealth management and asset management are flourishing as banks rely more on technology to keep costs contained.
However, boom times can come with excesses: more risk-taking, questionable products, bigger pay packages and lax oversight. The successful applicant will demonstrate a knack for conceptualizing and delivering stories that explain what's happening inside Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other large financial institutions, and how their actions affect clients, investors, taxpayers and consumers. The team leader would also collaborate with colleagues covering other banks and M&A to break news and drive deeper stories.
- Pursue ambitious stories, including investigations, about Wall Street banks and their top executives
- Break and handle major news about Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley
- Develop sources across the broader industry, including investment bankers and traders at other big banks
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Americas, and counterparts in Asia and EMEA, to tell global stories
- Be familiar with multiple story-telling platforms including photos, video, text and social media
- At least five years' experience covering financial services firms or corporations
- Proven track record of delivering scoops and insightful, agenda-setting stories
- Ability to generate and articulate ideas to drive the file forward in original ways
- Ability to partner well with different teams, across news bureaus and beats
- An interest in editing stories and developing leadership skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top