VP Strategy, Legal Professionals
The VP Strategy, Legal Professionals will play a critical role in defining our ambition and direction in what is a rapidly changing legal market. Our strategy to become the legal market platform builds on our established strengths but at the same time requires a range of new thinking and approaches. We are looking for an individual who can blend together great ideas with practical solutions and strong stakeholder management skills to help shape our way forward.
The scope of the role will be focused on our Legal Professionals segment together with a strategic overview of our legal platform development across the marketplace as well as of our market leading print business. Responsibilities will include:
- working with the leadership team to define the overall strategic direction for the segment and for our legal platform
- translating that strategy into execution plans including key decisions such as capital allocation
- originating, building support for and leading the business case for acquisition and major partnerships
- engaging with customers and our people in communicating our strategic direction
The role will report to the Thomson Reuters Chief Strategy Officer and make a significant contribution to the company's overall strategic direction. The individual will also work closely with the President of the Legal Professionals segment and be a member of the segment leadership team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the process to define the Legal Professionals segment overall long-term strategy and plans to drive growth, including allocation of capital and overall product portfolio
- Leads the overall strategy for our legal platform across segments
- Strategic oversight for our print business
- Leads the strategy planning process that translates the long term strategy into annual and quarterly segment specific initiatives and priorities to drive growth and profitability
- Originates and develops support for strategic M&A and major business partnerships
- Evaluates and prioritise strategic choices and business cases.
- Communicates strategic plans internally.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Participates with other members of the senior leadership team in the Legal segment and Corporate Strategy team to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated capabilities in achieving in defining and building support for new and ambitious strategies
- Track record in technology-driven business and market environments - ideally with experience in professional markets
- Experience in M&A origination and business case development
- Proven track record of successful delivery across levels, businesses and geographies, gaining consensus and buy-in across boundaries, communicating and working with C-Level executives
- Wide-ranging business and strategy experience, uses business concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Has comprehensive business and managerial knowledge of multiple business units, function, or industry segments
- Ability to manage complex, concurrent, time sensitive projects
- Strong strategy toolset, ability to manage teams and develop talent
- Effective people leaderships skills, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to influence the thinking and gain support from senior executives
- Strong, executive level oral and written communication skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top