VP Finance – F&R Technology
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: ET&O Finance
Enterprise Technology & Operations brings together our technology development and operations, content technology, operations centers and transformation. F&R Technology consists of approx. 3,000 employees who are located across the globe.
Position Title: VP Finance – F&R Technology
Location: London, United Kingdom
Requisition No: JREQ084142
The VP Finance - F&R Technology is responsible for leading the delivery of financial and operational support which drives informed business decision-making for the F&R CTO and the wider F&R organization. This position ensures the technology investments are made in accordance with the strategies of the business and are aligned to the CEO and CFO's priorities. He/She will be a key business partner to Senior Leadership and provide recommendations and drive to key strategic initiatives across the F&R organization. This position is responsible for working with the Enterprise to drive the best results for the F&R business unit taking into account the F&R and TR Strategy. They will also oversee the financial reporting, financial planning and forecasting, driver based allocation process to ensure clear line of sight of all chargebacks to the F&R BU, not limited to the F&R Technology team.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide leadership to forecasting, annual planning, business analysis and strategic planning to the F&R Leadership team
- Analyze and interpret financial information pertaining to F&R Technology performance. Makes recommendations concerning strategy, resource allocation, and business operations to drive financial performance.
- Deliver clear driver-based reporting to F&R on all costs and activities of the group
- Deliver reporting on all required metrics, deliverables and objectives aligned to the F&R business
- Be a direct link between Enterprise Finance and F&R leadership for purposes of communication of monthly performance, feedback on allocations, and business input to drive changes
- Business case development from ideation to deliverable metrics working with the Project Management team in F&R Technology.
- Lead the development and review of annual budgets, targets and financial forecasts with F&R Finance team
- Formulates strategic scenarios and modeling of transformation initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement in the finance team's efforts that enhance quality, business practices and productivity
- Guiding and coordinating the work of cross-functional teams
- ET&O CFO and Finance Leadership Team
- F&R Technology CTO & Leadership Team
- F&R Finance Leadership Team
- F&R Senior Leadership Team
- ET&O Senior Leadership Team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a Finance leadership position.
- Proven ability to interact and partner with Senior Leadership and influence outcomes
- Tenacious and driven by delivering results, driving change
- Customer-focused with a commercial mindset
- Proven team leadership and management skills
- Enjoys working in teams. Shows ability to work effectively across all functions of the business
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Strong understanding of Thomson Reuters strategy and business model
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with large Technology groups
- Experience in the banking/financial market
- Well versed on Thomson Reuters Products & Services
- Influencing and Leading a multitude of Stakeholders in finance and the business
- Understanding of Investment process and budget process
- Bachelors Degree
- Post graduate qualification – eg MBA/CEMA/ACCA or equivalent
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top