VP, Digital Marketing-FindLaw
The Vice President, FindLaw Digital Marketing will be responsible for driving consumer traffic and engagement for the FindLaw network of consumer legal Web sites. The successful candidate will continue a long track record of traffic growth by meeting the changing needs of consumers as they seek access to legal information and legal help. The leader in this position will apply his/her expertise to define the growth strategy and lead the associated teams to continually enhance and optimize the FindLaw consumer experience, which is monetized through FindLaw online advertising products. S/he will also help drive innovation in the way modern consumers find and interact with providers of legal services.
This leadership role serves on the Executive Committee for the FindLaw business, which is the largest and leading provider of legal marketing solutions to small law firms. This role collaborates closely with leaders of other FindLaw functions such as Product and Technology, and will also work collaboratively with other parts of Thomson Reuters on growth strategies and tactics. This role is based in Sunnyvale, CA and will report to the Managing Director, Small Law Firm & Consumer business.
- Reshape and lead the consumer growth strategy across all drivers of traffic and engagement, such as content development, organic and paid search, social, and email. Partner collaboratively with FindLaw Marketing and Product to develop a deep understanding of consumer needs and translate into product strategy
- Lead implementation of the growth strategy for the business while working collaboratively with key stakeholders in Marketing, Product, and Technology. Align growth initiatives to power monetization through FindLaw advertising products. Provide input into product marketing and pricing strategies to feed into the business segments
- Develop and drive consumer content strategy and lead a team of content professionals to deliver best in class content which meets Legal consumer needs
- Set direction for team to ensure PPC/SEO initiatives are created and maintained while assessing and growing the consumer audience
- Create, drive and present business cases for products and services. Manage execution of business cases and deliver against key milestones. Ensure the growth strategy is validated with customers.
- Continually assess the competitive landscape, legal services industry environment, and user context.
- Lead a high-performing organization that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (employees, customers, shareholders) as well as prospects
- Share best practices; create a community of sharing insights, market information cross functionally to deepen expertise across the business
The FindLaw.com story begins as a start-up, and is now all grown up. FindLaw has been around the Silicon Valley since 1996, was bought by Thomson Reuters and is the biggest and best in our space and want to build on this success. We need to do more of what we do, bringing free legal information to everyone. FindLaw also offers comprehensive information, resources and services for law practice and legal career development, including free case law, an online career center, breaking legal news, blogs, newsletters, an Answers community, service directories, continuing legal education and legal search tools. We need a dynamic, innovative leader to help drive our highest-trafficked legal website, with over eleven million visitors per month, to the next level.
Qualities & Experience:
- 15 years of progressively responsible digital marketing experience including managing paid advertising budgets at the enterprise level and managing organic search teams working on large, complex sites
- 10 years experience managing teams in a digital marketing space. Prefer experience with advertising business models and managing large sites
- Strong User Experience and Design expertise, including managing User Experience teams, graphic designers and front-end development teams
- Deep experience with deploying and managing analytics and ROI for large sites Extensive experience with PPC/SEO strategy development required
- Past experience leading and managing geographically distributed teams and in a virtual environment. Proven executive influencing skills and strong relationship builder
- Budget management and revenue experience working with large sites
- Prefer some experience in law firm, legal information services, the legal information services industry, tax or other professional services
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experienced leader with the ability to develop talent and create succession opportunities
- Comfort leading change; strong visioning and connector skills
- High level of executive presence
- Ability to closely interact with customers throughout product development lifecycle
- Experience managing the development and implementation of multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proven experience collaboratively working with cross-functional colleagues
- Outstanding high-level presentation and agile communication skills. Ability to lead presentations and educate key stakeholders on products
- Proven ability to build credibility and influence quickly with leadership to effectively drive results
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Prefer experience with a variety of tools and software, including Adobe (CQ5 and Omniture), KenShoo, Google Analytics, Tableau and Jira
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit www.thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on http://www.thomsonreuters.com/.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top