VP, Cyber Intelligence (Richmond, VA)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted "Answer Company" in the market.
Thomson Reuter's Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a dynamic leader to help grow it's new Cyber Intelligence unit. This role will be responsible for all aspects of cyber intelligence and threat-driven analysis of the risks to Thomson Reuters, and will establish a strong team of intelligence and threat analysts to help track current threats, develop and curate threat indicators, and lead a broad range of international intelligence & law enforcement (LEO) relationships to help improve the overall quality of Thomson Reuter's defenses.
You should have a deep understanding of security incidents and the process of leading them, the spectrum and state of current malware, intrusion techniques & hacking – from amateur to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) - and how to conduct successful intelligence collection and investigation around them. You should have a demonstrated experience successfully leading a global team, as well as coordinating with incident management counterparts in the Security Operations and Incident Management. You should have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across different tiers… from technologists to the 'C' suite.
- Lead Thomson Reuters newly formed Cyber Intelligence Unit
- Serve as the principle point of contact for cyber intelligence intake, liasing across Thomson Reuters Legal, IT, Communications and Security teams
- Coordinate intelligence processing activities with the International community, along with U.S. Federal, State & local LEO and government agencies.
- Experience with local and multiple country regulations governing cyber intelligence processing and handling of sensitive data
- Lead the cyber intelligence team according to best practices, maintaining a standard of the highest quality & confidentiality
- Mentors other managers, engineers & investigators in intelligence handling and collection
- Coordinate critical, sensitive investigations, assessments & audits spanning multiple geographies
- Conduct briefings on sensitive intelligence and threats to a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from Senior Executive management to IT Leadership
- Work with Thomson Reuters legal teams create and maintain standard methodologies and policy for cyber intelligence management
- Develop critical intelligence partnerships to develop and curate high quality threat analysis and indicators
- Partner with security operations teams to provide best-in-class monitoring, response, and reporting for network and computer incidents.
- Develop in-house cyber threat assessment team to quantify and remediate internal and external weaknesses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, other technical field
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem settings
- 5 years of experience in the security operations, intelligence or incident response area
- Industry or sector leadership in designing and improving the field of cyber intelligence
- Awareness of industry trends and developments
- Hands-on experience developing intelligence processing, indicator curation & threat modeling
- Change agent with ability to drive accountability & outcomes across a diverse threat landscape
- Solid technical background in computer systems and networks
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with customers
- A strong cross-functional team player with ability to lead and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Experience conducting or leading intelligence & threat analysis
- Able to successfully pass requirements for Top Secret (TS) level clearance
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work; inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top