VP, Business Operations
VP, Business Operations
Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) is seeking a VP, Business Operations to be a strategic direct report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). This individual will be recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of information security and have strong business consulting experience.
- Act as the leader to facilitate efficient & effective operations of the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
- Manage processes in developing content for yearly business planning, monthly & quarterly reviews, excom, audit committee and information security council
- Establish and coordinate the yearly calendar and processes for all hands, staff meetings, skip levels, and roundtable discussions
- Develop and maintain the "book of business" for the organization to include knowledge management repository
- Setup and maintain organizational metrics (KRIs, KPIs), goals & scorecards
- Establish quarterly top vendor/supplier reviews
- Consolidate deliverables & accomplishments in monthly reports
- Foster strong working relationship with key partners to include Finance, Human Resources, Sourcing, Privacy, Program Management, Legal, Government Relations, Communications & Physical Security
- Maintain the ISRM service catalog
- Coordinate & develop engagement strategy for industry associations & government relations
- Facilitate & maintain organizational branding
- Conduct annual benchmarking efforts with key stakeholders
- Organize, structure and analyze internal customer feedback and surveys
Leadership & Management Competencies:
- Ability to build structure and drive timely execution across a highly matrix organization
- Driven, self motivated and highly organized individual able to operate with limited guidance
- Hands-on and entrepreneurial style with intellect and executive presence
- Effectively engage with C-level executive management
- Ability to "context switch" quickly from long term strategy to tactical details
- Ability to lead through influence, partnership, subject matter knowledge and personal integrity in a highly distributed work environment
- Articulate and implement innovative and practical approaches to solving problems
- Drive consensus across different stakeholder groups, such as business, operations, etc.
- Able to demonstrate ability to deal with major change and ambiguity
- Effectively and sensitively operate in a global environment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, business or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of technology leadership experience with a strong focus on information security
- Strong executive presence in communicating and working with senior management within BU, SBU, and C-Level Executives
- A track record of assessing and prioritizing work effort in a large organization with multiple priorities
- Experience working in a large information security organization is a plus
- Communication - Expert
- Influencing - Expert
- Operating in Matrix Organization - Expert
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Expert
- Global Operations - Expert
- Change & Transformational Leadership - Expert
- Business Knowledge - Expert
- Stakeholder Management - Expert
- Business Planning and Reporting - Expert
- Thinking Globally
- Setting Direction
- Inspiring Others
- Focusing on Customers
- Driving Results
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top