Visual Journalist - Core Photography, Philippines
Reuters is looking for a Visual Journalist with core skills in Photography and an ability to shoot Video, to work in both mediums in the Philippines.
The successful candidate will be working in a combined Video and Pictures team to produce a daily file of high quality pictures and videos from the country, ensuring fairness, accuracy and speed of delivery to our clients.
In the Philippines, photographers and videographers will work as single unit, and all staff will work in both formats. The team will cover the full range of news - from conflict and natural disaster, through politics to sport, lifestyle and entertainment.
You will know what makes a good story and understand the technology behind news video and pictures.
You will be a proven self-starter with excellent communication skills, and an unflappable temperament. We want someone with and a passion for news gathering and visual story telling.
The successful candidate must have a global perspective to go with their intimate knowledge of the stories in the Philippines and the ASEAN region. They need to be flexible enough to deal with a fast-moving business which can involve unsociable hours and the need to travel at short notice.
Key duties include:
- Coverage of events of international interest for the Pictures and Video file.
- Keeping abreast of an often volatile and always fast-moving news file in the region.
- Coordinating news coverage and delivery as part of a multi-media team.
- Establishing a rapport with colleagues across all media.
- Ensuring all work abides by the Reuters Trust Principles.
- At least four years working in news photography or video news gathering.
- Fluent visual skills and English story writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, many times unsupervised.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Willingness to travel to breaking news stories, often at short notice.
- Strong and clear communication skills, both with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work well and learn within a team.
- Understanding needs of video and photo clients, locally and internationally.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top